Academic Writing for International Students of Business 2e
International students of Business or Economics often need to write essays and reports for exams and coursework, and this new, second edition of Academic Writing for International Students of Business has been completely revised and updated to help them succeed with these tasks.
This book explains the academic writing process from start to finish, and practises all the key writing skills in the context of Business Studies. The book can be used either with a teacher or for self-study, and is clearly organised into four parts, with each divided into short units that contain examples, explanations and exercises for use in the classroom or for self-study:
- The writing process, from assessing sources to proofreading
- Elements of writing, practising skills such as making comparisons
- Vocabulary for writing, dealing with areas such as nouns and adjectives, adverbs and verbs, synonyms, prefixes and prepositions, in an academic context
- Writing models, illustrating case studies, reports, longer essays and other key genres.
This is an up-to-date book which reflects the interests and issues of contemporary Business Studies, with revised exercises, updated reading texts and a new glossary to ensure accessibility and maximise usability. Students wanting to expand their academic potential will find this practical and easy-to-use book an invaluable guide to writing in English for their degree courses, and it will also help students planning a career with international companies or organisations, where proficiency in written English is a key skill.
- All aspects of writing clearly explained, with full glossary for reference
- Full range of practice exercises, with answer key included
- Use of authentic academic texts
- Fully updated, with sections on finding electronic sources and evaluating Internet material.