Activities, Games, and Assessment Strategies for the World Language Classroom
This bestselling book is filled with fun activities you can use to engage students in learning a world language. No matter what language and grade level you teach, you will love having a wide variety of tools at your disposal, from quick warm-up exercises to longer games and group activities.
Inside, you’ll find…
- Essential teacher tools and student organizational tools
- Strategies to promote and monitor class participation, including student self-assessments
- Strategies to promote and assess oral proficiency, such as prompts, quick chats, and role plays
- Warm-up activities and five-minute transitional activities
- Individual, pair, and group practice activities, with modification suggestions
- Games that make learning fun, with clear directions for how to do them
- Great websites and other resources to check out for more ideas
The enhanced second edition features updated activities and technology suggestions throughout, as well as a tabbed design so it's easier to return to your favorite sections again and again.
Bonus: The book comes with more than 30 templates—charts, rubrics, and game boards that can be photocopied from the book or downloaded as eResources from the book product page at www.routledge.com/books/details/9781138827295. You can modify and print them for classroom use.