Amsterdam -LP- 9e
Lonely Planet Amsterdam is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip and what hidden discoveries await you. Feast your eyes on Rembrandts and Vermeers at the reopened Rijksmuseum, ease into the mellow atmosphere of a brown cafe and explore the canals and markets of this historic trading city, all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Amsterdam and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Amsterdam Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money, and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience, covering history, painting, design and architecture
- Free, convenient pull-out Amsterdam map (included in print version), plus over 40 maps
- Useful features - including Canals, Museums & Galleries and Drinking & Nightlife
- Coverage of the Medieval Centre, Red Light District, Nieuwmarkt, Jordaan and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Amsterdam , our most comprehensive guide to Amsterdam, is perfect for those planning to both explore the top sights and take the road less travelled.
- Looking for just the highlights of Amsterdam? Check out Lonely Planet's Pocket Amsterdam, a handy-sized guide focused on the can't-miss sights for a quick trip.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's Netherlands guide for a comprehensive look at all the Netherlands has to offer.