Applied Positive Psychology : Integrated Positive Practice
“If you think you know what positive psychology is, think again! This book offers a new integrative vision for making life better that takes in the body and the brain, culture and society, childhood and development... A must read for students.”
- Stephen Joseph, University of Nottingham
"Captures the best of the positive psychology initiative, and most importantly, translates it to practice. The authors bring remarkable depth and breadth to the subject matter and do so in a way that is fresh, engaging, relevant, and unusually thoughtful."
- Carol Ryff, University of Wisconsin-Madison
"If you want to understand what positive psychology really is, learn how it works in practice and discover its huge potential to transform our lives and our world then look no further than this superb book. I really can't recommend it highly enough."
- Mark Williamson, Director of Action for Happiness
"Does a brilliant job of showing readers how to apply the insights that research has uncovered. It will surely become one of the go-to text books for all students of positive psychology."
- Nic Marks, creator of the Happy Planet Index, Five Ways to Wellbeing and Founder of Happiness Works
This exciting new textbook, written by leading academics in the UK, offers the very first authored title on applied positive psychology for university courses.
Consisting of the latest cutting-edge theory and research in the subject and structured around a pioneering multidimensional model of wellbeing, this book will provide you with the knowledge and tools to apply positive psychology in many areas of life. These include interventions aimed at developing mental and physical functioning, to recommendations for enhancing relationships and reshaping organisational structures. The book shows how these practices can be successfully deployed in diverse real-world settings, from the classroom to the workplace. Key features include:
- Learning objectives set out at the start of each chapter
- Practice essay questions throughout and quizzes to test your knowledge at the end of each chapter
- Useful measurement tools and recommendations for research
- Summary boxes and suggested further reading and resources
- Case studies and ‘Reflection’ boxes that invite you to explore topics in greater depth and relate findings to your everyday life.
This book will be essential reading for all students with an interest in or studying a course in applied positive psychology, and is strongly recommended to students taking a wider course in positive psychology and the psychology of happiness and wellbeing.