Architectural Drawing: A Visual Compendium of Types and Methods 2e
Lettering, typography, and line types
Orthographic and paraline drawing
Linear perspective drawing
Perspective view development
Light, shade, and shadow
Delineating and rendering entourage
Diagramming and Conceptual sketching
"In the age of digital imaging, this book is an indispensable reference and text for those who value manual drawing
as a means of design and artistic expression."
–Arpad Daniel Ronaszegi
Associate Professor of Architecture
Andrews University, Berrien Springs, Michigan
"The great strength of this book is its comprehensive and thorough presentation of graphic communication and
design visualization methodologies."
Assistant Professor of Architecture and Design
University of Texas at San Antonio
"Hundreds of drawings take the beginning and advanced student from the basic introduction of media, freehand
sketching, and tradition of drafting to diagrams, finished illustrative approaches, and compositional strategies for
Professor of Landscape Architecture
North Carolina State University, College of Design
Table of Contents
Preface to Second Edition.
Preface to First Edition.
1. Tool Fundamentals.
2. Lettering, Typography, and Line Types.
3. Representational Sketching.
4. Conventional Orthogonal Terminology.
5. Orthographic and Paraline Drawing.
6. Linear Perspective Drawing.
7. Perspective View Development.
8. Light, Shade, and Shadow.
9. Delineating and Rendering Entourage.
10. Diagramming and Conceptual Sketching.
11. Presentation Formats.
About the Author.