Art of Lego Mindstorms EV3 Programming
With its colorful, block-based interface, The LEGO® MINDSTORMS® EV3 programming language is designed to allow anyone to program intelligent robots, but its powerful features can be intimidating at first. The Art of LEGO MINDSTORMS EV3 Programming is a full-color, beginner-friendly guide designed to bridge that gap.
Inside, you'll discover how to combine core EV3 elements like blocks, data wires, files, and variables to create sophisticated programs. You'll also learn good programming practices, memory management, and helpful debugging strategies—general skills that will be relevant to programming in any language.
All of the book's programs work with one general-purpose test robot that you'll build early on. As you follow along, you'll program your robot to:
- React to different environments and respond to commands
- Follow a wall to navigate a maze
- Display drawings that you input with dials, sensors, and data wires on the EV3 screen
- Play a Simon Says-style game that uses arrays to save your high score
- Follow a line using a PID-type controller like the ones in real industrial systems