Australia -LP- 18e
Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Australia is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Experience the magic of Sydney Opera House, snorkel with the tropical fish in the Great Barrier Reef, or watch the sunset over Ayers Rock; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Australia and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Australia Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - culture, history, art, film, music, politics, landscapes, wildlife, cuisine, and wine
- Free, convenient pull-out Sydney map (included in print version), plus over 190 local maps
- Covers Melbourne, Sydney, the Great Barrier Reef, Darwin, Uluru, Perth, Queensland, Adelaide, New South Wales, Victoria, Tasmania, Canberra, Brisbane, Newcastle, Hunter Valley, Phillip Island, Launceston, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Australia, our most comprehensive guide to Australia, , is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less travelled.
- Looking for just the highlights of Australia? Check out Lonely Planet's Discover Australia, a photo-rich guide to the country's most popular attractions.
- Looking for a guide focused on Sydney or Melbourne? Check out Lonely Planet's Sydney guide or Melbourne & Victoria guide for a comprehensive look at all that each of these cities has to offer, or Lonely Planet's Pocket Sydney, a handy-sized guide focused on the can't-miss sights for a quick trip.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.