Maximize productivity while minimizing environmental impact
Develop sustainable products, energy sources, and processes using the concepts and methods contained in this interdisciplinary resource. Biosystems Engineering discusses how to effectively merge solid design techniques with biology and the applied sciences.
Featuring chapters by experts in each field, this authoritative guide explains how to analyze genetic data, design ecosystem models, implement conservation strategies, harness biofuels, and ensure food safety. Full coverage of transgenetic wood production, package engineering, supercritical fluid extraction, and agricultural land management is included.
Discover how to:
- Use microarray technology to classify genes and construct databases
- Build mathematical models and computer simulations of ecosystems
- Create bio-oils and carbon-neutral transportation fuels using pyrolisis
- Synthesize biodiesel and ethanol from vegetable oil and animal fat
- Purify and enrich biotechnological products with bioseparation
- Develop modified woods and herbicide-resistant crops using transgenetics
- Extract antioxidants, supercritical fluids, and bioregulators from plants
- Deploy ecologically sound fertilizing, composting, and harvesting methods