Britain's Habitats : A Guide to the Wildlife Habitats of Britain and Ireland : Wildguides
A photographic guide to habitats, this lavishly illustrated book provides a comprehensive overview of the natural history and conservation landscape of Britain and Ireland. In essence a field guide, the book leads the reader through all the main habitat types, with information on their characteristics, extent, geographical variation, key species, cultural importance, origins and conservation. It aims to help visitors to the countryside recognize the habitats around them, understand how they have evolved and what makes them special, and imagine how they might change in the future.
This book is the perfect companion for anyone travelling in Britain and Ireland, and essential reading for all wildlife enthusiasts, professional ecologists and landscape architects.
- Individual sections on all the main habitat types found in Britain and Ireland
- Some 500 evocative colour photographs, including images from around Britain and Ireland in all seasons
- Details and photographs of key species and features associated with the different habitats
- Up-to-date information--including maps--on the distribution, extent and importance of all habitat types
- Information on key nature conservation designations and different systems of habitat classification