Business Communication Today 7E
This best-selling text brings all the pieces of business communication together to give students a realistic understanding of the fundamental concepts of business communication. The text powerfully demonstrates how to communicate effectively through real-world company examples and real-life business situations. With practical, realistic assignments, students learn the concepts behind effective communication while developing and refining their skills to compete more successfully in today's job market.
Table of Contents
I. UNDERSTANDING THE FOUNDATIONS OF BUSINESS COMMUNICATION.
1. Achieving Career Success through Effective Business Communication.
2. Communicating in Teams and Mastering Listening and Nonverbal Communication.
3. Communicating Interculturally.
II. APPLYING THE THREE-STEP WRITING PROCESS.
4. Planning Business Messages.
5. Writing Business Messages.
6. Completing Business Messages.
Component Chapter A: Writing for the Web.
III. WRITING LETTERS, MEMOS, E-MAIL, AND OTHER BRIEF MESSAGES.
7. Writing Routine, Good-News, and Goodwill Messages.
8. Writing Bad-News Messages.
9. Writing Persuasive Messages.
IV. FINDING AND COMMUNICATING INFORMATION.
10. Finding, Evaluating, and Processing Information.
11. Communicating Information through Visuals.
Component Chapter B: Communicating through the Internet and Other Technologies.
V. PLANNING, WRITING, AND COMPLETING REPORTS AND PROPOSALS.
12. Planning Business Reports and Proposals.
13. Writing Business Reports and Proposals.
14. Completing Formal Business Reports and Proposals.
VI. DESIGNING AND DELIVERING ORAL PRESENTATIONS.
15. Planning, Writing, and Completing Oral Presentations.
16. Enhancing Your Oral Presentation with Electronic Slides and Overhead Transparencies.
VII. WRITING EMPLOYMENT MESSAGES AND INTERVIEWING FOR JOBS.
17. Writing Résumés and Application Letters.
18. Interviewing for Employment and Following Up.
Appendix I: Format and Layout of Business Documents.
Appendix II: Documentation of Report Sources.
Appendix III: Fundamentals of Grammar and Usage.
Appendix IV: Tips for Effective E-Mail.
Appendix V: Correction Symbols.