Embarking on the first clinical rotation in a hospital is a daunting experience for many clinicians, whether physician, physician’s assistant, nurse, technician, or student. Clearly, the foundation of medical textbook knowledge does not necessarily overlap with the know-how that makes one functional "in the trenches" at the hospital.
Whether you are a nurse tending to a central venous line or an intern inserting that line, Code Blue is an indispensable addition to your arsenal of emergency care knowledge. Put this handbook in your lab coat pocket and place the following information at your fingertips:
- Critical information for emergent procedures at the patient’s bedside
- High-yield descriptions and images for bedside procedures
- ACLS with information on treating cardiopulmonary emergencies
- Indications, needed supplies, and techniques
- Pearls and pitfalls for a wide range of conditions
- Important post-procedure checks
- Notes and orders, laboratory values, equations, body systems, diseases, and drugs that you will refer to every day
Code Blue is the accessible, exhaustive, relevant, must-have handbook for every clinician—physician’s assistants, nurses, physicians, technicians, and students.