Companion to Woody Allen
Edited by two renowned Allen experts, A Companion to Woody Allen presents a collection of 26 original essays on the director’s films. Contributions offer a number of divergent critical perspectives while expanding the contexts in which his work is understood.
- A timely companion by the authors of two of the most important books on Allen to date
- Illuminates the films of Woody Allen from a number of divergent critical perspectives
- Explores the contexts in which his work should be understood
- Assesses Allen’s remarkable filmmaking career from its early beginnings and investigates the conflicts and contradictions that suffuse it
- Discusses Allen’s recognition as a global cinematic figure