Comprehensive Guide to Project Management Schedule and Cost Control: Methods and Models for Managing
Master all the modern project scheduling and cost control techniques you need, in one focused tutorial! Randal Wilson's Project Schedule & Cost Control isn't your typical project management guide: it's 100% focused on the specific principles, techniques, and best-practice methodologies of scheduling and cost control.
Wilson illuminates key issues through the extensive use of graphs, charts, case studies, and worked examples; and calls your attention to crucial issues that "generic" PM books ignore. Coverage includes:
- Project structures, including differences between projects and programs, and how those differences affect costing and scheduling
- Initiation: how projects start, how to develop project charters and stakeholder registers, and how to manage stakeholders
- Planning, in depth: what costs must be addressed, and what schedule constraints must be considered
- Project schedule analysis: activity definition, WBS, and work packages; activity sequencing and diagramming; proven methodologies for estimating resources and activity durations; and schedule development
- Project cost analysis: gathering and estimating all project costs, including labor, materials, vendor bids, subcontractors, contracts, equipment, facilities, and direct/indirect costs.
- Budgeting via top-down, bottom-up, and activity-based methods
- Project monitoring and control: earned value, tracking Gantt, S-Curves, performance reviews, milestone analysis, change control systems, estimate at completion, forecasting, and much more
For both project management newcomers and working project managers who need to sharpen their skills