Connecting Primary Maths and Science : A Practical Approach
At last, a unique book that explores and exploits the links between primary mathematics and science so that you can promote learning in both of these important STEM subjects! Rich in engaging ideas and activities for the classroom this book helps you plan and teach well-structured lessons in a more integrated way.
The book outlines key curriculum topics in both subjects and considers why it is important and beneficial to make connections between the two. As well as covering key subject knowledge (what you need to know) and teaching activities (what you need to do), the book explores learners’ mathematical and scientific needs, and defines the characteristics of effective teaching and learning, bringing it all together with ideas which you can use straightway in your classroom.
• promotes an informed approach to integrating primary mathematics and science teaching
• helps address the time constraints of delivering the primary national curriculum
• presents engaging ideas which can be directly transferred to the classroom
• provides a real-life context to mathematics and science activities to inspire student learning
• helps you combine two closely related and sometimes tricky subject areas – why teach one subject when you can teach two at the same time!
Accessible, readable and engaging with a range of innovative teaching ideas, this is an invaluable book for all trainee and qualified primary teachers and other educational professionals with links to primary mathematics and science.