Crusades : Essential Readings
Table of Contents
1. Pope Urban II's Preaching of the First Crusade: H. E. J. Cowdrey.
2. Crusading as an Act of Love: Jonathan Riley-Smith.
3. Reconquest and Crusade in Spain, c. 1050-1150: R. A. Fletcher.
4. Crusades Against Christians: Norman Housley.
5. Were There Any Crusades in the Twelfth Century? Christopher J. Tyerman.
6. Medieval Charters as a Source for the History of the Crusades: Giles Constable.
7. Early Crusaders to the East and the Costs of Crusading, 1095-1130: Jonathan Riley-Smith.
8. The Roots of Lay Enthusiasm for the First Crusade: Marcus Bull.
9. Patronage and the Appeal of the First Crusade: John France.
10. Byzantium and the Crusades: Steven Runciman.
11. The Reaction of Syrian Muslims after the Foundation of the First Latin Kingdom of Jerusalem: Nikita Elisseeff.
12. The Subjected Muslims of the Frankish Levant: Benjamin Z. Kedar.