Discover ABAP 2e
Are you an ABAP novice? Not for long! With this introduction to ABAP, you’re well on your way to becoming fluent in SAP programming. Begin at the beginning with a quick introduction to the SAP system, and then gain an instant sense of achievement with self-written source code. Learning ABAP has never that easy. Based on a simple example, you’ll be able to create your own programming solutions before you know it. Discover the world of ABAP and ABAP Objects development in more and more detail, from single-line reports to program flow control and data transfer. With commented code examples, numerous screenshots, and valuable tips and tricks, you’ll soon feel like you were born to speak ABAP.
1. The Whole Picture Learn everything you need to explore the world of ABAP programming: the architecture of the SAP system, the most essential development tools, and the structure of ABAP reports.
2. Getting Started Write your very first ABAP program! It only takes a few steps to create your first report, maintain its properties, and write the source code.
3. Follow Along with a Comprehensive Example Create database tables and lists, work with fields and calculations, and detect errors. Thanks to the hands-on examples, you’ll quickly understand the application purpose of your code lines.
4. Sample Code Benefit from detailed and fully commented sample code that will take you to the next level of ABAP understanding.
5. Advanced Topics Move beyond the basics to master logical expressions, modularize programs, and deal with “forbidden code.”
- Getting started in the SAP system
- ABAP Dictionary and ABAP Editor
- Fields and calculations
- Modifying character strings
- Debugging programs
- Modifying transparent database tables
- Calculating dates, times, quantities, and currencies
- Using data in a database table
- Program flow control and logical expressions
- Selection screens
- Internal tables
- Modularizing programs