Erotics of Looking : Early Modern Netherlandish Art
Üye Girişi yapın, temin süresi ve fiyatını size bildirelim.
Üye Girişi yapın, sizi bu ürün stoklarımıza girdiğinde bilgilendirelim.
Temin süremiz 28 - 42 iş günü
Yayıncı Wiley-Blackwell ( 06 / 2013 ) ISBN 9781118465257 | 20,8x27,41x1,4 cm. | İngilizce | 218 Sayfa | Türler Sanat Tarihi
The Erotics of Looking: Early Modern Netherlandish Art presents a collection of provocative essays that explore the material qualities of early Dutch art to reveal ways new forms of visual imagery solicit a beholder’s involvement.
- Explores how descriptive pictures during the early modern Dutch art period operated as social things and were designed to pleasurably engage the eye and prompt discussion and debate
- Shows how these works potentially raised ethical and political questions about the interconnectedness of engaging with pictures and the material world
- Represents a major contribution to the field of early modern Netherlandish art and to general debates about the status and functions of descriptive art
- Features essays addressing a variety of aspects of the field, from the historiography of Dutch art to closely attentive readings of particular works
- Crafts an original theoretical framework by applying recent insights about the making of early modern publics and the study of material things to the analysis of Netherlandish art