Essential Clinical Neuroanatomy 1e
Essential Clinical Neuroanatomy is an accessible introduction to regional and functional neuroanatomy, which cuts through the jargon to help you engage with the key concepts. Beautifully presented in full color, with hundreds of annotated illustrations and images, Essential Clinical Neuroanatomy begins with an introductory section on the regional aspects of the topic, then discusses each structure in detail in relation to function. Clinical examples are provided throughout, to reinforce the concepts learned and highlight their clinical relevance.
Essential Clinical Neuroanatomy:
- Features a dedicated chapter on the use of imaging studies used in clinical neuroanatomy, including how to evaluate these images
- Highlights topics important to clinical medicine, but often neglected in other neuroanatomy texts, such as trauma, infection and congenital considerations
- All illustrations and images are oriented in the clinical view, so the correlation between drawings, photomicrographs and clinical imaging is standardized and there is a seamless transition between illustrations containing basic neuroanatomical information and the relevant clinical imaging
- The functional aspects of neuroanatomical structures are color-coded (green = sensory; red = motor; purple = autonomic), so that structure to function relationships can be more easily learned and retained
- Includes self-assessment and thought questions in every chapter
- Supported by a companion website at wileyessential.com/neuroanatomy featuring fully downloadable images, a series of PowerPoint lectures for instructors, and USMLE-compatible MCQs
Essential Clinical Neuroanatomy is the perfect resource for medical and health science students taking a course on neuroanatomy, as part of USMLE teaching and as an on-going companion during those first steps in clinical practice.