Ethics, Values and Social Work Practice
A framework of ethics and values forms the foundation of social workers' professional identities. Ethics and values should shape the way that social workers practice and how they impact upon the lives of the service users they work to support. In a fast-moving world influenced by shifting policy, tight budgets and changing practice standards, students and practitioners need to anchor their understanding of themselves to clear principles for ethical practice.
Ethics, Values and Social Work Practice is a brand new text offering students and social work practitioners a contemporary and relevant introduction to the central role of ethics and values in their work. In addition to a grounding in the major trends in ethics applied to social work, this book also provides perspectives on:
- How to situate ethics and values in social work practice
- How to understand ethics as part of reflective practice as both student and practitioner
- How ethics and values link to concepts of power, diversity and social justice
- The role of ethics and values in interprofessional and partnership working
- The guiding principles and ethics inherent in relationship-based social work.