Europe Phrasebook & Dictionary -LP- 5e
Lonely Planet: The world's #1 phrasebook publisher*
Lonely Planet Europe Phrasebook & Language guide is your handy passport to culturally enriching travels with relevant travel phrases and vocabulary. Get more from your trip with easy-to-find phrases for Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish and Turkish. With language tools in hand, get to the heart of wherever you go!
Coverage Includes: Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish and Turkish.
Organized by language, this one-stop resource makes travelling through multiple countries simple. With each language you can:
- Feel at ease with essential tips on culture, manners, idioms and multiple meanings
- Order with confidence, explain food allergies, and try new foods
- Save time and hassles with vital phrases at your fingertips
- Never get stuck for words with the 400-word two-way, quick-reference dictionaries
- Be prepared for common and emergency travel situations with practical phrases and terminology
- Meet friends with conversation starter phrases
- Get your message across with easy-to-use pronunciation guides
Inside Lonely Planet Europe Phrasebook & Language guide :
- Full-color throughout
- User-friendly layout organized by travel scenario categories
- Survival phrases inside front cover for at-a-glance on-the-fly cues
- Basics - time, dates, numbers, pronunciations, grammar rules, common language difficulties
- Practical - sightseeing, banking, post office, internet, phones, repairs, bargaining, accommodations, directions, transport
- Social - meeting people, interests, feelings, opinions, going out, romance, culture, weather
- Safe Travel - emergencies, police, doctor, chemist, dentist, symptoms, conditions
- Food - ordering, at-the-market, at- the-bar, dishes, ingredients
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Europe Phrasebook & Language guide, a pocket-sized, comprehensive multi-language guide, provides on-the-go language assistance; great for language students and travellers looking to interact with locals and immerse themselves in local culture.
- Looking for just a few of the languages covered in this phrasebook? Check out Lonely Planet's individual phrasebooks for Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, or Turkish.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet is the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, and has been connecting travellers and locals for over 25 years with phrasebooks for 120 languages, more than any other publisher! With an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community, Lonely Planet enables curious travellers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves. The world awaits!
Check out our Fast Talk Phrasebook mobile app for on-the-go language needs. (Available languages: German, Latin Spanish, European Spanish, French, and Italian.)
*#1 phrasebook publisher. Source: Nielsen Bookscan UK, US & AUS