Florence and Tuscany -LP- 8e
Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Florence & Tuscany is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Come face to face with Italian masters at the Uffizi Gallery in Florence, climb the Leaning Tower of Pisa, or hunt for truffles in the Tuscan Hills; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Florence & Tuscany and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Florence & Tuscany Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money, and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including history, art, literature, cinema, music, architecture, politics, landscapes, cuisine, wine, customs and etiquette.
- Free, convenient pull-out Florence map (included in print version), plus over 45 colour maps
- Useful features - including Walking & Driving Tours, Staying in Tuscany and Eat & Drink Like a Local.
- Coverage of Florence, Siena, Pisa, Lucca, Pistoia, San Gimignano, Elba, Arezzo, Chianti, San Miniato, Montepulciano, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Florence & Tuscany,our most comprehensive guide to Florence & Tuscany, is perfect for those planning to both explore the top sights and take the road less travelled.
- Looking for a guide focused on Florence? Check out Lonely Planet's Pocket Florence, a handy-sized guide focused on the can't-miss sights for a quick trip.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's Italy guide for a comprehensive look at all the country has to offer.
- Looking for just the highlights of Italy? Check out Lonely Planet's Discover Italy, a photo-rich guide to the country's most popular attractions.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Virginia Maxwell & Nicola Williams.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travellers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards 2012 and 2013 winner in Favorite Travel Guide category
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - The New York Times
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' -Fairfax Media (Australia)