French Phrasebook and Audio CD -LP- 3e
Lonely Planet: The world's #1 phrasebook publisher*
Lonely Planet French Phrasebook & Audio CD is your handy passport to culturally enriching travels with the most relevant and useful French phrases and vocabulary for all your travel needs. Ask about tucked-away vineyards, bargain with local farmers at the market or order wine like a professional; all with your trusted travel companion. With language tools in your back pocket, you can truly get to the heart of wherever you go, so begin your journey now!
Get More From Your Trip with Easy-to-Find Phrases for Every Travel Situation!
- Listen & Learn with our audio CD
- Feel at ease with essential tips on culture, manners, idioms and multiple meanings
- Order with confidence, explain food allergies, and try new foods with the menu decoder
- Save time and hassles with vital phrases at your fingertips
- Never get stuck for words with the 3500-word two-way, quick-reference dictionary
- Be prepared for both common and emergency travel situations with practical phrases and terminology
- Meet friends with conversation starter phrases
- Get your message across with easy-to-use pronunciation guides
Inside Lonely Planet French Phrasebook & Audio CD:
- Audio CD includes 375 key phrases
- Full-colour throughout phrasebook
- User-friendly layout organised by travel scenario categories
- Survival phrases inside front cover for at-a-glance on-the-fly cues
- 5 Phrases to Learn Before You Go
- 10 Ways to Start a Sentence
- 10 Phrases to Sound like a Local
- Listen For - phrases you may hear
- Look For - phrases you may see on signs
- Shortcuts - easy-to-remember alternatives to the full phrases
- Q&A - suggested answers to questions asked
- Basics - time, dates, numbers, amounts, pronunciation, reading tips, grammar rules
- Practical - travel with kids, disabled travellers, sightseeing, business, banking, post office, internet, phones, repairs, bargaining, accommodation, directions, border crossing, transport
- Social - meeting people, interests, feelings, opinions, going out, romance, culture, activities, weather
- Safe Travel - emergencies, police, doctor, chemist, dentist, symptoms, conditions
- Food - ordering, at the market, at the bar, dishes, ingredients
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet French Phrasebook & Audio CD, a pocket-sized comprehensive language guide with accompanying audio CD, provides on-the-go language assistance; great for language students and travellers looking to interact with locals and immerse themselves in local culture.
- Looking for just the basics? Check out Lonely Planet's Fast Talk French, a pocket-sized, essential language guide designed to get you talking quickly; perfect for a quick trip experience.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Michael Janes, Jean-Pierre Masclef, Jean-Bernard Carillet.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet is the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, and has been connecting travellers and locals for over 25 years with phrasebooks for 120 languages, more than any other publisher! With an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community, Lonely Planet enables curious travellers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves. The world awaits!
*#1 phrasebook publisher. Source: Nielsen Bookscan UK, US & AUS