Fundamental Elements of Applied Superconductivity in Electrical Engineering
Superconducting technology is potentially important as one of the future smart grid technologies. It is a combination of superconductor materials, electrical engineering, cryogenic insulation, cryogenics and cryostats. There has been no specific book fully describing this branch of science and technology in electrical engineering. However, this book includes these areas, and is essential for those majoring in applied superconductivity in electrical engineering.
Recently, superconducting technology has made great progress. Many universities and companies are involved in applied superconductivity with the support of government. Over the next five years, departments of electrical engineering in universities and companies will become more involved in this area. This book:
• will enable people to directly carry out research on applied superconductivity in electrical engineering
• is more comprehensive and practical when compared to other advances
• presents a clear introduction to the application of superconductor in electrical engineering and related fundamental technologies
• arms readers with the technological aspects of superconductivity required to produce a machine
• covers power supplying technologies in superconducting electric apparatus
• is well organized and adaptable for students, lecturers, researchers and engineers
• lecture slides suitable for lecturers available on the Wiley Companion Website
Fundamental Elements of Applied Superconductivity in Electrical Engineering is ideal for academic researchers, graduates and undergraduate students in electrical engineering. It is also an excellent reference work for superconducting device researchers and engineers.