Fundamentals of Quality Control and Improvement 2E
Rooted in a statistical foundation, this clear, lucid book presents the real-world applications of quality control. It incorporates modern ideas, methods, and philosophies of total quality management. And, it focuses on statistical process control and related subjects, such as achieving product and process quality through experimental design.
Covers the foundations of modern methods of quality control and improvements that may be applied to manufacturing and service industries.
Presents case studies at the end of every chapter that provide realistic applications of the principles.
Provides many examples, at least one for each major concept discussed, to demonstrate its application.
Presents the principles of acceptance sampling and reliability to provide as complete a reference as possible.
Table of Contents
I. PHILOSOPHY AND FUNDAMENTALS.
1. Introduction to Quality Control and the Total Quality System.
2. Some Philosophies and Their Impact on Quality.
3. Quality Management Practices, Tools, and Standards.
II. STATISTICAL FOUNDATIONS AND METHODS OF QUALITY IMPROVEMENT.
4. Fundamentals of Statistical Concepts and Techniques in Quality Control and Improvement.
5. Graphical Methods of Data Presentation and Quality Improvement.
III. STATISTICAL PROCESS CONTROL.
6. Statistical Process Control Using Control Charts.
7. Control Charts for Variables.
8. Control Charts for Attributes.
9. Process Capability Analysis.
IV. ACCEPTANCE SAMPLING.
10. Acceptance Sampling Plans for Attributes and Variables.
V. PRODUCT AND PROCESS DESIGN.
12. Experimental Design and The Taguchi Method.
VI. APPLICATIONS IN THE SERVICE SECTOR.
13. Quality Control in the Service Sector.