Grammar of the Shot 3e
Whether you're just learning how to frame a shot or simply looking for a refresher, the third edition of Grammar of the Shot gives you the tools you need to build a successful visual story that flows smoothly and makes sense to your audience.
Understand the basic building blocks essential for successful shot composition, screen direction, depth cues, lighting, screen direction, camera movement, and many general practices that make for richer, multi-layered visuals. Expand your visual vocabulary, help jumpstart your career in filmmaking, and watch visual examples and further instruction on the companion website, www.focalpress.com/cw/bowen.
Designed as an easy-to-use reference, Grammar of the Shot presents each topic succinctly with clear photographs and diagrams illustrating the key concepts, and is a staple of any filmmaker’s library.
* A simple and clear overview of the principles of shooting motion pictures—timeless information that will improve your work
* The companion website offers video instruction and examples to bring the book's lessons to life
* Together with its companion volume Grammar of the Edit, Third Edition these books are exactly what the beginning filmmaker needs
New to this edition:
* A full chapter devoted to lighting
* More script coverage, complete with a sample script
* Suggested exercises and projects for you to practice your skills
* End-of-chapter quizzes to test your grasp of key concepts
* New visual examples