Handbook of Industrial Drying : 4E
By far the most commonly encountered and energy-intensive unit operation in almost all industrial sectors, industrial drying continues to attract the interest of scientists, researchers, and engineers. The Handbook of Industrial Drying, Fourth Edition not only delivers a comprehensive treatment of the current state of the art, but also serves as a consultative reference for streamlining industrial drying operations.
New to the Fourth Edition:
- Computational fluid dynamic simulation
- Solar, impingement, and pulse combustion drying
- Drying of fruits, vegetables, sugar, biomass, and coal
- Physicochemical aspects of sludge drying
- Life-cycle assessment of drying systems
Covering commonly encountered dryers as well as innovative dryers with future potential, the Handbook of Industrial Drying, Fourth Edition not only details the latest developments in the field, but also explains how improvements in dryer design and operation can increase energy efficiency and cost-effectiveness.