Hazardous Incident Medical Management and Support : The Practical Approach
This in-depth review of hazardous materials and how to respond to incidents involving them includes a compilation of resources for preparation, risk assessment, equipment and personal protective equipment.
• Deals with common incidents such as spillage of chemical materials
• Practical easy to follow guidance on the team response
• Alerts to optimum safety and protection measures
• Includes guides to the emergency services and hospital staff regarding the identification of hazards
• Details the lingering effects of trauma in comprehensive appendices; including psychological impacts, epidemiological investigations and further reading on the subject
• Outlines medical support roles and protocols for these hazardous situations