High-Speed Devices and Circuits with THz Applications
Presenting the cutting-edge results of new device developments and circuit implementations, High-Speed Devices and Circuits with THz Applications covers the recent advancements of nano devices for terahertz (THz) applications and the latest high-speed data rate connectivity technologies from system design to integrated circuit (IC) design, providing relevant standard activities and technical specifications. Featuring the contributions of leading experts from industry and academia, this pivotal work:
- Discusses THz sensing and imaging devices based on nano devices and materials
- Describes silicon on insulator (SOI) multigate nanowire field-effect transistors (FETs)
- Explains the theory underpinning nanoscale nanowire metal-oxide-semiconductor field-effect transistors (MOSFETs), simulation methods, and their results
- Explores the physics of the silicon-germanium (SiGe) heterojunction bipolar transistor (HBT), as well as commercially available SiGe HBT devices and their applications
- Details aspects of THz IC design using standard silicon (Si) complementary metal-oxide-semiconductor (CMOS) devices, including experimental setups for measurements, detection methods, and more
An essential text for the future of high-frequency engineering, High-Speed Devices and Circuits with THz Applications offers valuable insight into emerging technologies and product possibilities that are attractive in terms of mass production and compatibility with current manufacturing facilities.