Hindi, Urdu and Bengali Phrasebook -LP- 5e
Lonely Planet's Hindi, Urdu & Bengali Phrasebook & Dictionary is your handy passport to culturally enriching travels with the most relevant and useful phrases and vocabulary for all your travel needs. Get more from your multi-country trip with easy-to-find phrases for Hindi, Urdu & Bengali. Ask for directions in dynamic Delhi, book a river trip through Bangladeshi countryside, or haggle like a local at street bazaars; all with your trusted travel companion. With language tools in your back pocket, you can truly get to the heart of wherever you go, so begin your journey now!
Coverage Includes: Hindi, Urdu & Bengali.
Organized by language, this one-stop resource makes travelling through multiple countries simple. With each language you can:
- Feel at ease with essential tips on culture, manners, idioms and multiple meanings
- Order with confidence, explain food allergies, and try new foods with the menu decoder
- Save time and hassles with vital phrases at your fingertips
- Never get stuck for words with the 400-word two-way, quick-reference dictionary
- Be prepared for common and emergency travel situations with practical phrases and terminology
- Meet friends with conversation starter phrases
- Get your message across with easy-to-use pronunciation guides
Inside Lonely Planet's Hindi, Urdu & Bengali Phrasebook & Dictionary:
- Full-color throughout
- User-friendly layout organized by travel scenario categories
- Survival phrases inside front cover for at-a-glance on-the-fly cues
- Language map for quick reference
- Basics - time, dates, numbers, pronunciations, reading tips, grammar rules, common language difficulties
- Practical - sightseeing, banking, post office, internet, phones, repairs, bargaining, accommodations, directions, border crossing, transport
- Social - meeting people, interests, feelings, opinions, going out, romance, culture, weather
- Safe Travel - emergencies, police, doctor, chemist, dentist, symptoms, conditions
- Food - ordering, at-the-market, at- the-bar, dishes, ingredients
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet's Hindi, Urdu & Bengali Phrasebook & Dictionary, a pocket-sized, comprehensive multi-language guide, provides on-the-go language assistance; great for language students and travellers looking to interact with locals and immerse themselves in local culture.
- Looking for more? Check out Lonely Planet's India phrasebook for coverage of 15 languages spoken in India.
- Check out our Fast Talk Phrasebook mobile app for on-the-go language needs. (Available languages: German, Latin Spanish, European Spanish, French, and Italian.)
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Richard Delacy, Shahara Ahmed
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet is the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, and has been connecting travellers and locals for over 25 years with phrasebooks for 120 languages, more than any other publisher! With an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community, Lonely Planet enables curious travellers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves. The world awaits!