How to Become a More Effective CBT Therapist : Mastering Metacompetence in Clinical Practice
- ÜRÜNÜN BULUNDUĞU ŞUBELERİMİZ
How to Become a More Effective CBT Therapist explores effective ways for therapists to move beyond competence to “metacompetence”, remaining true to the core principles of CBT while adapting therapeutic techniques to address the everyday challenges of real-world clinical work. This innovative text explores how to:
- Work most effectively with fundamental therapeutic factors such as the working alliance and diversity;
- Tackle complexities such as co-morbidity, interpersonal dynamics and lack of progress in therapy;
- Adapt CBT when working with older people, individuals with long-term conditions (LTCs), intellectual disabilities, personality disorders and psychosis;
- Develop as a therapist through feedback, supervision, self-practice and training.