Introduction to Finite and Spectral Element Methods Using MATLAB : 2E
Incorporating new topics and original material, Introduction to Finite and Spectral Element Methods Using MATLAB®, Second Edition enables readers to quickly understand the theoretical foundation and practical implementation of the finite element method and its companion spectral element method. Readers gain hands-on computational experience by using the free online FSELIB library of MATLAB® functions and codes. With the book as a user guide, readers can immediately run the codes and graphically display solutions to a variety of elementary and advanced problems.
New to the Second Edition
- Two new chapters with updated material
- Updated detailed proofs and original derivations
- New schematic illustrations and graphs
- Additional solved problems
- Updated MATLAB software, including improved and new computer functions as well as complete finite element codes incorporating domain discretization modules in three dimensions
Suitable for self-study or as a textbook in various science and engineering courses, this self-contained book introduces the fundamentals on a need-to-know basis and emphasizes the development of algorithms and the computer implementation of essential procedures. The text first explains basic concepts and develops the algorithms before addressing problems in solid mechanics, fluid mechanics, and structural mechanics.