Introduction to Probability and Statistics for Engineers and Scientists 5e
This updated text provides a superior introduction to applied probability and statistics for engineering or science majors. Ross emphasizes the manner in which probability yields insight into statistical problems; ultimately resulting in an intuitive understanding of the statistical procedures most often used by practicing engineers and scientists. Real data sets are incorporated in a wide variety of exercises and examples throughout the book, and this emphasis on data motivates the probability coverage. As with the previous editions, Ross' text has tremendously clear exposition, plus real-data examples and exercises throughout the text. Numerous exercises, examples, and applications connect probability theory to everyday statistical problems and situations.
- Clear exposition by a renowned expert author
- Real data examples that use significant real data from actual studies across life science, engineering, computing and business
- End of Chapter review material that emphasizes key ideas as well as the risks associated with practical application of the material
- 25% New Updated problem sets and applications, that demonstrate updated applications to engineering as well as biological, physical and computer science
- New additions to proofs in the estimation section