Introductory Econometrics 5E : A Modern Approach
Introduce your students to how empirical researchers actually think about and apply econometric methods with the practical, professional approach in Wooldridge’s INTRODUCTORY ECONOMETRICS: A MODERN APPROACH, 5E. Unlike traditional texts, this book’s unique presentation demonstrates how econometrics can be used to empirically study and answer questions across a variety of disciplines. A reflection of how econometric instruction has evolved, INTRODUCTORY ECONOMETRICS is organized around the type of data being analyzed with a systematic approach, where assumptions are introduced only as they are needed to obtain a certain result. This approach simplifies the exposition and makes the text’s material easier for students to comprehend. Packed with timely, relevant applications the text emphasizes examples that have implications for policy or provide evidence for or against economic theories. More than 100 intriguing data sets are now available in six formats for your teaching flexibility. A wealth of new and revised instructor resources, written by the author, is provided at no cost to the instructor. The Instructor’s Manual with Solutions contains answers to all problems and exercises, teaching tips on how to present the material in each chapter and also sources for each of the data files, with many suggestions on how to use them on problem sets, exams, and term papers. PowerPoint® slides and Scientific Word® slides are also new to this edition. The updated Data Set Handbook is also available to help instructors present the latest emerging developments in the field. Give your students a full understanding of how econometrics is genuinely useful for answering questions in business, policy evaluation, and forecasting environments with INTRODUCTORY ECONOMETRICS: A MODERN APPROACH, 5E.
- COMPREHENSIVE COVERAGE ENSURES UNDERSTANDING IN CRITICAL AREAS OF ECONOMETRICS. This edition continues to offer trusted, comprehensive coverage with expanded discussions of both the basics and advanced applications of dummy variables; material on prediction after retransformation; expanded discussions of influential observations, weighted least squares, and least absolute deviations; and coverage of weak instruments.
- PRACTICAL APPLICATION PREPARES STUDENTS TO USE ECONOMETRICS IN BUSINESS TODAY. This unique, comprehensive text applies econometrics to actual real business problems, demonstrating how each method answers a particular issue facing researchers who are analyzing non-experimental data.
- UNIQUE ORGANIZATION PIONEERED BY THE AUTHOR CLEARLY PRESENTS APPLICATIONS FOR TODAY’S STUDENTS. This comprehensive econometrics text pioneered the approach of explicitly covering cross-sectional applications first, followed by time series applications, and, ultimately, panel data applications in the advanced chapters.
- TREATMENT OF VARIABLES ENSURES STUDENT COMPREHENSION. This book treats explanatory variables, along with the dependent variable, as outcomes of random variables.
- EXPANSIVE DATA SETS OFFER VARIED OPPORTUNITY FOR HANDS-ON PRACTICE. This edition’s large and varied data sets in six different formats give your students practical experience working with statistics in an engaging assortment of real business situations.