Just POINT -LP-
Travel comfort woes begone. Never again be lost for words. Overcome any language barrier, wherever you travel.
With Just Point! in your daypack, you'll be able to communicate all essential messages - and maybe a few non-essential ones, too! This handy-sized deck of 40+ full-colour cards with more than 500 entertaining icons on food and drink, accommodation, transport, fashion and sightseeing, all held together with a screw for easy flicking,is a guaranteed conversation starter!
When you're craving that skinny double-shot cappuccino with extra froth, Lonely Planet provides the answer in a language any barista will understand. Whether it's the yoga, pilates or tai chi class you're looking for, just point to the icon to get your point across.
This is the perfect gift for the discerning traveller. These icons will make communicating with locals a breeze - and won't fail to raise a smile either with their depictions of the amusing situations often encountered when exploring places far from home.
Just point to express:
- your dietary restrictions
- how you like your steak cooked
- how spicy you'd like your curry
- what burger toppings you'd like
- that you're in a rush to get the bill
- that you're looking for the funicular
- that there's a fly in your soup
- what ice-cream topping you require
- your preferred garnishes for the perfect martini
- whether you want an espresso, a macchiato or a cappuccino
- whether you need a twin or a double room
- whether you have a hairdryer in your room
- that you've got the dreaded bed bugs in your hotel room
- that you're looking for the cathedral
- that romantic room-service options are required
- which all-important beauty treatment you need
- how you'd like your beard trimmed
- if your rental car has a flat tyre
- which direction to take if you're lost
- and more!
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travellers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 winner in Favorite Travel Guide category
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media (Australia)