Lamentations Through the Centuries
Üye Girişi yapın, temin süresi ve fiyatını size bildirelim.
Üye Girişi yapın, sizi bu ürün stoklarımıza girdiğinde bilgilendirelim.
Temin süremiz 28 - 42 iş günü
Yayıncı Wiley-Blackwell ( 04 / 2013 ) ISBN 9780631219781 | Ciltli | 15,6x23,19x1,8 cm. | İngilizce | 232 Sayfa | Türler Din / Genel
Covering a rich landscape of literary, theological and cultural creativity, the authors explore the astonishing variety of interpretations inspired by Lamentations, one of the shortest books in the Bible.
- Features a wealth of reactions – covering two and a half millennia – to this ancient text's influential and unflinching account of the devastation wreaked by war
- Explores a kaleidoscope of examples ranging from the Dead Sea Scrolls; Yehudah Halevy; John Calvin; and composer, Thomas Tallis; through to the startling interpretations of Marc Chagall; contemporary novelist, Cynthia Ozick; and Zimbabwean junk sculpture
- Deploys "reception exegesis", a new genre of commentary that creatively blends reception history and biblical exegesis
- Offers sensitive treatment of challenging theological and psychological responses to one of the most disturbing books of the Hebrew Bible
- Widely relevant, with nuanced reflections – both religious and secular – on human suffering and the disasters of war