Leading Schools in an Era of Declining Resources
Every day, school leaders across the country are having to make difficult decisions in this economically demanding environment. If you are a leader facing this challenge in your own school or district, this is the book you need! Experienced educators Johnston and Williamson offer practical advice to help you tackle a variety of tough issues, including staff reductions and program termination. You’ll learn how to…
- Wring every bit of performance out of every available dollar
- Plan innovations and evaluate their effectiveness
- Engage faculty and the community
- Streamline operations using digital technology and social media
- Use four strategies—reduce, refine, restructure, and regenerate—to make your school more efficient and effective
Each chapter is filled with tips, tools, exercises, and mini-cases to help you apply these ideas to your own situation. You’ll gain the confidence and knowledge to manage your budget while ensuring your students get the full benefit of a quality education.