Modern Brazilian Portuguese Grammar: A Practical Guide
Modern Brazilian Portuguese Grammar: A Practical Guide is an innovative reference guide to Brazilian Portuguese, combining traditional and function-based grammar in a single volume.
The Grammar is divided into two parts. Part A covers traditional grammatical categories such as agreement, nouns, verbs and adjectives. Part B is carefully organized around language functions covering all major communication situations such as:
- establishing identity
- making contactexpressing likes,
- expressing likes, dislikes and preferences.
With a strong emphasis on contemporary usage, all grammar points and functions are richly illustrated with examples. Main features of the Grammar include:
- clear, jargon-free explanations
- emphasis on the language as it is spoken and written today
- extensive cross-referencing between the different sections.
A combination of reference grammar and practical usage manual, Modern Brazilian Portuguese Grammar is the ideal resource for learners of Brazilian Portuguese at all levels, from beginner to advanced.