Numbers and Stories : Using Children's Literature to Teach Young Children Number Sense
Count on children’s books to build number sense!
Math and reading go hand in hand, especially among children who are new to both. If you’re looking for a surefire way to build number sense and reading skills at the very same time, rely on this indispensable K-2 resource. Using children’s books as a springboard for learning, it provides 22 ready-to-use lessons—all aligned to the Common Core Standards for Math and ELA.
Inside you’ll find
- 22 interactive, research-based mathematics investigations
- High-quality children’s book selections
- Reflection and discussion questions and prompts for both teachers and students
- Children’s work pages and formative assessment tools
- An online facilitator’s guide