Numerical Analysis 10E
- ÜRÜNÜN BULUNDUĞU ŞUBELERİMİZ
- Boğaziçi Üniversitesi
- Koç Üniversitesi
This well-respected text introduces the theory and application of modern numerical approximation techniques to students taking a one- or two-semester course in numerical analysis. Providing an accessible treatment that only requires a calculus prerequisite, the authors explain how, why, and when approximation techniques can be expected to work-and why, in some situations, they fail. A wealth of examples and exercises develop students’ intuition, and demonstrate the subject’s practical applications to important everyday problems in math, computing, engineering, and physical science disciplines. The first book of its kind when crafted more than 30 years ago to serve a diverse undergraduate audience, Burden, Faires, and Burden’s NUMERICAL ANALYSIS remains the definitive introduction to a vital and practical subject.
- Virtually every concept in the text is illustrated by examples. In addition, concepts and examples are reinforced by more than 2500 class-tested exercises ranging from elementary applications of methods and algorithms to generalizations and extensions of the theory.
- The exercise sets include many applied problems from diverse areas of engineering, as well as from the physical, computer, biological, and social sciences.
- The algorithms in the text are designed to work with a wide variety of software packages and programming languages, allowing maximum flexibility for users to harness computing power to perform approximations. The book’s companion website offers Maple, Mathematica, and MATLAB worksheets, as well as C, FORTRAN, Java, and Pascal programs.
- The design of the text gives instructors flexibility in choosing topics they wish to cover, selecting the level of theoretical rigor desired, and deciding which applications are most appropriate or interesting for their classes.