Nutrition 14e : Concepts and Controversies
Build a healthier future with Sizer/Whitney’s NUTRITION: CONCEPTS AND CONTROVERSIES! Updated throughout and featuring the new Dietary Guidelines, this clear and engaging market leader strikes the perfect balance of scientific research, core concepts, and relevant applications. With a lively and approachable writing style, the authors dispel existing misconceptions and empower you to make better nutrition choices and enact real, lasting behavior change.
- The clear and engaging MindTap includes student learning tools—readings, Diet & Wellness Plus, pop-up tutors, activities, and assessments—and guides students through their course. Instructors can easily personalize MindTap with their favorite resources.
- Appearing in each chapter, "Concepts in Action" features integrate Diet & Wellness Plus activities to relate chapter concepts to students’ lives.
- "Food Feature" boxes appear in most chapters to bridge theory and practice; they are practical applications of key concepts that help readers choose foods according to sound nutrition principles.
- "Controversy" end-of-chapter essays provide a balanced view of scientific evidence regarding current and emerging topics in nutrition. Each Controversy has been thoroughly updated.
- Special features promote learning and understanding, including margin notes, end-of-chapter “Self Checks,” and "Think Fitness" boxes that emphasize the connection and the interdependency of fitness and nutrition for total health.