OCR Psychology 3e : AS Core Studies and Psychological Investigations
OCR Psychology, Third Edition, is endorsed by OCR for use with the OCR AS Psychology specification.
This book prepares students for all elements of the OCR Psychology AS exam. It covers both research methods and core studies, giving the who, what, where, and even the why of each study. It also looks at some of the work that followed the studies. Key features of the book include:
- 'Psychological Investigations': the first chapter of the book helps students to understand research methods in psychology – useful support for the Psychological Investigations exam and for understanding the core studies themselves.
- Core Studies: each study is described first ‘In a Nutshell’, followed by a detailed account of the aims, method, results and conclusions. Guidance is given on how each study can be evaluated and a wealth of extra materials is provided for each study – questions to assess understanding, practical activities, multiple choice and exam-style questions, further reading and video links.
- Background to each core study is included in the ‘Starters’ and ‘Afters’ features: information about related research before and after the study; and biographical details of the researcher(s).
- Approaches, perspectives, issues and methods are considered in a brand-new chapter to cover the themes of the course and prepare students for the long-answer questions on the Core Studies exam.
- Exam guidance: each chapter ends with short- and long-answer exam-style questions answered by students with teacher feedback.
The book is presented in colourful and well-structured magazine-style spreads to aid the learning process. This 3rd edition has been completely revised, and is now accompanied by a companion website featuring an extensive range of online resources for both teachers and students, including answers to the questions posed in the book, glossary flash-cards, and multiple-choice test banks.