Performance Measurement and Control Systems for Implementing Strategy PIE
New accounting techniques: Profit wheel analysis (integrates profit planning, cash flow, and ROE analysis with business strategy) and Strategic profitability analysis (strategic variances).
Integrates management accounting and strategy.
Text material is supported by all-new, Harvard-tested cases.
Latest, most relevant material.
Two early chapters on strategy and structure.
Provides the most comprehensive presentation of the Balanced Scorecard approach by one of its originators.
A carefully integrated structure.
I. FOUNDATIONS FOR IMPLEMENTING STRATEGY
1. Organizational Tensions to be Managed.
2. Basics for Successful Strategy.
3. Organizing for Performance.
4. Using Information for Performance Measurement and Control.
II. CREATING PERFORMANCE MEASUREMENT SYSTEMS
5. Building a Profit Plan.
6. Evaluating Strategic Profit Performance.
7. Designing Asset Allocation Systems.
8. Linking Performance to Markets.
9. Building a Balanced Scorecard.
III. ACHIEVING PROFIT GOALS AND STRATEGIES
10. Using Diagnostic and Interactive Control Systems.
11. Aligning Performance Goals and Incentives.
12. Identifying Strategic Risk.
13. Managing Strategic Risk.
14. Levers of Control for Implementing Strategy.
IV. CASE STUDIES