Pharmacotherapy A Pathophysiologic Approach 9E
25 ADDITIONAL CHAPTERS AVAILABLE ONLINE
THE LANDMARK TEXT ON HOW TO ACHIEVE OPTIMAL PATIENT OUTCOMES THROUGH EVIDENCE-BASED MEDICATION THERAPY
Pharmacotherapy: A Pathophysiologic Approach is written to help you advance the quality of patient care through evidence-based medication therapy derived from sound pharmacotherapeutic principles. The scope of this trusted classic goes beyond drug indications and dosages to include the initial selection, proper administration, and monitoring of drugs. You will find everything you need to provide safe, effective drug therapy across the full range of therapeutic categories.
This edition is enriched by more than 300 expert contributors, and every chapter has been revised and updated to reflect the latest evidence-based information and recommendations. Important features such as Key Concepts at the beginning of each chapter, Clinical Presentation tables that summarize disease signs and symptoms, and Clinical Controversies boxes that examine the complicated issues faced by students and clinicians in providing drug therapy make this text an essential learning tool for students, patient-focused pharmacists, and other health care providers.
NEW TO THIS EDITION:
- A section on personalized pharmacotherapy appears in most sections
- All diagnostic flow diagrams, treatment algorithms, dosing guideline recommendations, and monitoring approaches have been updated in full color to clearly distinguish treatment pathways
- New drug monitoring tables have been added
- Most of the disease-oriented chapters have incorporated evidence-based treatment guidelines that often include ratings of the level of evidence to support the key therapeutic approaches
- Twenty-five online-only chapters are available at www.pharmacotherapyonline.com