Pocket Companion for Physical Examination and Health Assessment : 6e
Ideal for quick reference in the clinical setting, this portable companion to Carolyn Jarvis' Physical Examination and Health Assessment, 6th Edition summarizes essential assessment skills and techniques for the most effective physical examinations. Access full-color pathology photos and illustrations, health history, examination steps for each body system, normal versus abnormal findings, lifespan and cross-cultural considerations, related nursing diagnoses, and summary checklists anytime you need them with this convenient clinical tool.
- Convenient, color-coded design helps you easily locate the information you need.
- More than 160 full-color illustrations clearly demonstrate important anatomy and physiology concepts, examination steps, and normal and abnormal findings.
- Age-specific developmental competencies highlight important considerations for pediatric, pregnant, and aging patients.
- Cultural competency icons alert you to relevant cultural distinctions you may encounter in the clinical setting.
- Abnormal findings tables provide fast access to key information on many frequently encountered conditions.
- Spanish-language translation chart helps you ensure accurate, effective examinations of Spanish-speaking patients.
- Bedside Assessment of the Hospitalized Patient chapter outlines the pertinent assessment steps specific to this patient population.
- New abnormal findings photos help you recognize and distinguish between abnormal conditions.
- Additional new full-color examination technique photos clarify exam steps for eyes, nose, mouth, throat, thorax, heart, neck, peripheral vascular, and pediatric exams.
- Updated evidence-based practice guidelines throughout the guide reflect the most current research and assessment practices.