Pocket Edinburgh -LP-3e
Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet's Pocket Edinburgh is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Take in the views and the history from Edinburgh Castle, shop, eat and drink in the New Town, or relax in Princes Street Gardens; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of the best of Edinburgh and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Pocket Edinburgh:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Free, convenient pull-out Edinburgh map (included in print version), plus seventeen colour neighbourhood maps
- User-friendly layout with helpful icons, and organised by neighbourhood to help you determine the best spots to spend your time
- Useful features - including Best for Kids, Walking Tours, and Don't Miss (quick glance at must-sees)
- Coverage of the Old Town, New Town, Leith and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices and smartphones)
- Zoom-in maps and images bring it all up close and in greater detail
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps let you stay offline to avoid roaming and data charges
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Easily navigate and jump effortlessly between maps and reviews
- Speedy search capabilities get you to what you need and want to see
- Use bookmarks to help you shoot back to key pages in a flash
- Visit the websites of our recommendations by touching embedded links
- Adding notes with the tap of a finger offers a way to personalise your guidebook experience
- Inbuilt dictionary to translate unfamiliar languages and decode site-specific local terms
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet's Pocket Edinburgh is a handy guide that literally fits in your pocket, providing on-the-go assistance to travellers who seek only the can't-miss experiences. Colourful and easy-to-use, this neighbourhood-focused guide includes unique local recommendations to maximise your quick-trip experience.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's Scotland guide for a comprehensive look at all the country has to offer, or Lonely Planet's Discover Scotland, a photo-rich guide to the country's most popular attractions.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Neil Wilson.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travellers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.