Political Theory 4e : An Introduction
The fourth edition of this highly successful and accessible text has been substantially revised and updated and includes extra coverage throughout on non-western approaches and international political theory. Each chapter discusses a cluster of interrelated terms, examines how they have been used by different thinkers and in the various political traditions, and explores related debates and controversies.
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
1. What is Political Theory?
2. Human Nature, the Individual and Society
3. Politics, Government and the State
4. Sovereignty, the Nation and Transnationalism
5. Power, Authority and Legitimacy
6. Democracy, Representation and the Public Interest
7. Law, Order and Justice
8. Rights, Obligation and Citizenship
9. Freedom, Toleration and Identity
10. Equality, Social Justice and Welfare
11. Property, the Market and Planning
12. Security, War and World Order
13. Tradition, Progress and Utopia