This brand new book is essential reading for anyone involved in practice educating social work students. Whether you are an on-site or off-site practice educator, or a workplace supervisor, the book will guide you through your role, providing practical and straightforward advice about the process from start to finish.
With handy references to the Practice Educator Professional Standards (PEPS) throughout, the book helps first-time practice educators to quell their anxieties and supports both new and experienced practitioners to develop skills to support their students and deepen their own professional expertise.
The book provides enlightening and unintimidating guidance on how to:
- Establish expectations with social work students at the start of a placement
- Assess and support your students to achieve to the very best of their abilities
- Ensure the highest quality placement experience is offered in your setting
- Write clear, constructive and helpful reports at the mid and end points of the placement
- Tackle difficult conversations and create action plans when things go wrong
- Guarantee your students fulfil the criteria of the Professional Capabilities Framework and that you achieve the requirements of PEP domains