Producing Great Sound for Film and Video : Expert Tips from Preproduction to Final Mix
Make your film and video projects sound as good as they look with this popular guide. Learn practical, timesaving ways to get better recordings, solve problems with existing audio, create compelling tracks, and boost your filmmaking to the next level!
In this fourth edition of Producing Great Sound for Film and Video, audio guru Jay Rose revises his popular text for a new generation of filmmakers. You‘ll find real world advice and practical guidelines for every aspect of your soundtrack: planning and budgeting, field and studio recording, editing, sound effects and music, audio repair and processing, and mixing. The combination of solid technical information and a clear, step-by-step approach has made this the go-to book for producers and film students for over a decade.
This new edition includes:
Expert insights and from-the-trenches tips from Oscar- and Emmy-winning film and video professionals
Advice on how to get the best results from new equipment including DSLRs and digital recorders
- Downloadable diagnostics and audio examples you can edit on your own computer
- Instruction for dealing with new regulations for wireless mics and broadcast loudness
- Techniques that work with any software or hardware
- An expanded "How Do I Fix This?" section to help you solve problems quickly
- An all new companion website (www.GreatSound.info) with audio and video tutorial files, demonstrations, and diagnostics
Whether you’re an aspiring filmmaker who wants rich soundtracks that entertain and move an audience, or an experienced professional looking for a reference guide, Producing Great Sound for Film and Video, Fourth Edition has the information you need.