Psychiatric Diagnosis and Classification
Among the covered issues are:
- The impact of biological research
- The diagnosis of mental disorders in primary care
- The usefulness and limitations of the concept of comorbidity in psychiatry
- The role of understanding and empathy in the diagnostic process
- The ethical, legal and social aspects of psychiatric classification
Psychiatric Diagnosis & Classification provides a comprehensive picture of the current state of available diagnostic and classificatory systems in psychiatry and the improvements that are needed.