Reading and Writing to Learn Mathematics : A Guide and a Resource Book 1e
Includes classroom examples, lessons, activities, and stories for teachers to show how everyday language skills can transfer to math learning.
Illustrates how to make writing a meaningful part of cognitive as well as affective development, how to use reading and writing in assessment of math sills, and how to make reading-math assignments more meaningful.
Table of Contents
1. Writing and Reading Mathematics.
2. Reading and Writing Math Stories.
3. Reading and Writing about Mathematics.
4. Reading the Newspaper as a Mathematics Text.
5. Math News.
6. Assessing Mathematics Learning with Reading and Writing Assignments.
Teaching Mathematics with Reading and Writing to Students with Special Needs.
Books and Reading for Children.
Books and Readings for Teachers.